Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New Summer Studio Assistant: Sarah Péloquin


I seem to be 2 for 2 in the studio assistant department.  Last year I counted myself very fortunate to have had Kelly Austin as my part-time spring/summer assistant.  Kelly is graduating with a ceramics major, and I can't wait to see her final project in a few days when the grad show opens.  Kelly is beginning to sort out her own career path and I'm looking forward to seeing what she does over the next couple of years!
This spring, realizing that I'm again a bit swamped in the studio, I emailed the ceramic technician at ECU to ask if he had any ceramic student recommendations.  Sarah Péloquin's name came up and so she'll be helping me out a day or 2 a week over the spring and summer.  Sarah is extremely keen and excited to have her hands in clay over the long 4 months of summer break and I'm so glad to have her capable hands to help!  And isn't her work lovely?  You can see more on her flickr site!

No comments: