Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rebecca's Bench




It's been 2 years since the passing of a friend and fellow Vancouver ceramicist, Rebecca Robbins to cancer. Her ceramics is a glimpse of what a warm and life-giving person she was during her lifetime. I knew Rebecca through Art school, but her impact as a working artist and mom left a strong impression on me when I had my own boys. I really admired her work, and was struck with the amazing connections she had with her family and friends when they spoke so genuinely of her at her memorial. Her husband just sent some of us an up-date on the bench they were raising funds for in honour of her life. The bench is at Trout Lake Park, in between the swimming spot and playground. There are still funds to be raised in hopes that the park bench will be maintained for perpetuity.
http://vancouver.ca/parks/info/gifts/lastinggift.html

No comments: