Thursday, April 30, 2009

glorious spring!


Well as you can see, I'm pretty captivated with spring these days and am pulling out the camera at every corner. We have these great community gardens around and I've been taking the boys for walks in them to see what is all growing. I love when they yell out at me- 'hey check out the chives growing' or whatever it is! Oh to teach children that their food comes from the earth and not just a fast-food restaurant!
Thanks for checking in with me this week. We are off to the farm tomorrow to help put in posts in the fence for the arrival of some new calves. Dean's folks own a hobby farm about an hour out of the city so I'm bringing some sewing - I've got to finish my booth table cloth and curtains for Portobello West Calgary next week so it's a good chance to get out of the city for the day.

No comments: