Saturday, October 9, 2010

Thankful

As is a Thanksgiving weekend tradition for my family here in Canada, we often go around the table and say what we are thankful for before a harvest feast ensues. 
I'm thankful for so many years of wedded bliss to a great man, father and friend.  I'm thankful for healthy kids that are growing like weeds.  I'm thankful for my extended family - Happy Birthday goes out to my Mom this weekend, along with a brother and sister-in-law! I'm thankful for a home to live in, food on my table, ways to give back to my community, and opportunities to give over-seas.  I'm thankful that I love what I do and that being able to create is still a joy and a gift every day.  I'm thankful for the other artists and friends in my building who greet me for a little 'pep talk' around my studio door, to talk shop and to encourage each other in each of our businesses.  I'm thankful for friends far and near and for people and new friends that I've met through this blog. 
I've got so much to be thankful for- I hope you do too!  Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!

1 comment:

sherri said...

just sitting here...drinking my coffee...catching up on your lovely blog.
we do indeed have so much to be grateful for, don't we?
in case i haven't told you lately, i am deeply grateful for YOU.
happy thanksgiving friend...xoxx