Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Waterloo Potter's Workshop Spring Sale

Little Owls by Vlodek and Danuta Tydor
Blue Iris Studios

Chris Hierlihy

Pottery by Monica Adamo
 To say I geeked out on Pottery while I was in Ontario a couple of weekends ago, is an understatement.  It was a pottery tour made possible by my great-aunts involvement as a potter for over 30 years.  And since she's not well, my dad's cousin was generous enough to drive me around from craft show to craft gallery to pottery studio to meet everyone! Wow, I had no idea that region of Ontario was such a Pottery hub.  It was great to meet the successful studio and shop of Phil Yordy in St. Jacobs who's been potting inside an old wheat elevator for 40 years or so.  I mean, how cool is that- having your gas kiln inside the shaft of a grain elevator??
It was also great to see some new work coming out of the Waterloo Potter's Workshop Spring Sale.  I didn't take too many photos, just a couple on my iphone  (sorry about the filters- not sure what mode I was on there) of some of the work that I caught my eye, with links to their websites if they had one.  If you are in that region of Ontario you won't want to miss the Potter's Market in Guelph, Ontario that's happening May 28/29th.  

On a personal note, things in the studio have been a little crazy for me lately- I've got a number of projects that I'm juggling while also finishing up my taxes and getting back to a number of potential shops with wholesale line sheets.  There are a lot of balls in the air at the moment and I'm hoping that they won't all crash down on me. So if I'm a little absent here on the blog, it's because I'm trying to keep it all together on the home front and the studio front. 

No comments: