Friday, April 29, 2011

Tea Party for the Royal Wedding!





In honour of the Royal Wedding today, I thought I would post some photos I took of my mom' s teacup collection over Easter.  Growing up, my mom used to tell us that we'd better have good manners at the table because you never knew when you might be invited to have tea with the Queen.  This line doesn't seem to have any effect on my boys and their manners though...
Our one Royalty story took place around 10 years ago when Dean and I and Marty, a good friend of Dean's, traveled to London together for the first time.  Marty insisted that we go and visit Buckingham Palace on our very first day in London, much to the dismay of all the other things we wanted to do that day.  When we got to the Palace things seemed a little busier and grander then we had imagined, and sure enough, the Queen and Prince Phillip drove right past us in their Rolls Royce.  Turns out the Chinese President was visiting the Queen for the first time (in years? ever?)  and all the Royal carriages and such were heading out to meet him and then would be coming back.  We waited around, camera in hand, ready to take a picture of the Queen and sure enough, that golden carriage started heading back towards us.  Just as I began to take a photo, someone who was protesting the Chinese president stepped in front of us, the Bobbies stepped in -horses slid in alongside the Queen and I never got my photo to prove we had visited the Queen and seen her on our very first day in London.  

Anyways,  I trust you will have a great weekend- it's supposed to be nice out here.  My spring sale (code springsale) is only on my Etsy shop until the end of the month (that's tomorrow!!)   The shop is looking a little bare, but I put a load of work in the kiln yesterday so I'll have an update again soon! 

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Love all the tea cups - beautiful collection. Reminds me of home.