Monday, January 10, 2011

Winter Wisps


Finding beauty in a sea of brown and gray twigs and branches during the dark, wet winters can sometimes be tough.  It finally stopped raining in time for the weekend so we took the boys on lots of walks, with me bringing along my camera for a nice change.  It's amazing what you find when you look for it- these feathery seed pods for example.  So delicate and lovely! Yet something you would totally miss because they are so small. 
I've been really introspective over the past few weeks.  Mulling over how 2010 went. Brooding over how this year is going to get planned out. Trying to decide which shows to apply for while I go through my year-end accounting and make my 2011 wholesale line sheet for new shops and galleries.  All the while, I'm slowly making my way back to the studio and trying to start the whole process of making once again.  Getting back in the groove after a crazy busy show season is a real challenge.  I'm trying to look for the beauty though.  The wisps of lovely things that are coming my way.  The amazing artists and makers I've been having time to meet with and talk with.  Some of who I am excited to share with you here on my blog... all in good time. 
Hope you have a great start to your week!  H.

No comments: