Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello 2011!



Why hello there 2011!  Here I am, ready (or not?!) to see what this year has in store for me, my little family, and my little business.  The boys are back to school tomorrow and I'm heading back to the studio to clean up and start fresh for a new year!  It feels great to start fresh, although as I'm writing this, I realize that I hardly have a box of clay left over from last year, so I will truly be starting from scratch, ie, driving out to the pottery supply store to pick up clay and supplies for the next few months.

I still have to come up with a plan for the year.  I feel slightly lost without a plan, like I'll be making work, willy-nilly.  I have some goals in my head, some shows I'd like to do, shops I'd like to invest my energy, but still need to finalize how to make it all work out, considering my family's schedule and what is feasibly possible for me to manage this year.  I have high hopes this year to be a little more organized, a little more prepared, and a little less stressed out at the end of the day.  I'm also hoping to be a little more deliberate about my blog here.  Figure out what I hope to accomplish with my blog, what kind of a story I'd like to tell.  Perhaps it's fine the way it is, me just posting 3-5 days a week about what I've been making or what's been happening for me.  But that's something I'd like to sort out over the next couple of weeks here- so don't mind me while I figure things out a little.  And while I find the battery charger for my camera, which has been missing since just before Christmas.  Perhaps when I pack up the tree ('cause we only put it up a little late this year and I might just keep it up for a few more days...) I'll find in among the Christmas boxes.  Perhaps it's in the car.  Or at my in-laws.  So much for being organized and prepared...

No comments: