Thursday, June 11, 2009

A weekend plus...



One of the real reasons I've been so frantic to get work done the past 2 weeks (besides the obvious solo show at the BC Gallery of Ceramics July 4th...) is because I have been looking forward to heading off to RockRidge Canyon for Dean's annual staff conference for 5 days. It's a beautiful camp in Princeton BC and I usually get to go there twice a year, once in June and once in October for their Women's Camp, where I usually teach an art workshop! It's a great conference with childcare provided in the mornings, and activities all afternoon for us to do as a family. My boys are pretty familiar with going now and they have a line-up of activities they want to do including canoeing, going on a speedboat to watch the wakeboarders, going swimming in the pool, skim-boarding at the lake (pictured above), and hiking up to the Pinnacle (1st photo). I'm looking forward to getting my reciepts from this year in order while the childcare is going on in the mornings, going on the Zip-line and possibly the ropes course again, and having some down time from the past few months of business.
In the meantime, I'll have a few posts ready to go here on my blog, especially since I have new work coming out of the kiln for the Poppytalk Handmade Market's Here Comes the Sun edition! And I think I may have another give-a-way in the works....

No comments: