Sunday, September 28, 2008

Workshopping...






This past weekend I taught a painting workshop up at RockRidge Canyon's Women's Camp in Princeton, BC! I had a great time getting to know women of all ages from all over western Canada, and was able to coach 26 through a painting from start to finish. For some people, approaching a white canvas can be somewhat intimidating. I was pretty impressed with this crowd, who really took on the challenge even though some hadn't painted since they were teens! Our inspiration came from a variety of places, but the main one were my own photographs which I printed off to be a similar size to their canvas paper. Having a lot of different brush sizes and a variety of acrylic paints and mediums helped people move through the different stages of their painting. A little coaching and encouragement and knowing that everything can get painted over if you don't like it, calmed even the most intense perfectionist!
PS I also made them wear really attractive clear bags to keep their cloths clean- they were pretty good sports considering...

No comments: