Monday, June 1, 2009

June Bugs...



Time feels like it flies by too fast sometimes. June 1st already...
I sat down to throw another 30 mugs today. I only got around to 14 mugs + 6 bowls. Not enough... not ever enough time. 30 mugs are drying out ... but not fast enough for my bisque tomorrow. Glaze needs to be made. Kids need to be picked up from school. Husband needs to go away for another week in June. Solo show needs to have enough work to make my quotas. Yikes..
So I walked down the back alley with my camera after picking up the boys and tried to notice the world around me for a change. To not be so absorbed in trying to solve my dilemma of keeping up with the amount of work I need to make and the lack of time I have to make it in. And I came across this little dragon fly perched on a leaf. It was pretty windy out and the leaf was swaying this way and that. The dragon fly held on somehow with those thin little legs. Something held him fast and firm- I imagine he produces some kind of sticky stuff on the pads of his legs hold on to surfaces. I'm not sure, but whatever it was, he was grounded. Got me thinking...

1 comment:

sherri said...

love this heather...you are truly an inspiration...