Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Getting back to the Music



There was a time when I was taking music lessons in Piano, Violin, playing clarinet in the school band, and singing in a choir.  My practicing schedule started at 6 am, before taking the city bus to an early band practice at 8 am, with more practicing that happened after school.  Needless to say, music has always been a big part of my life. 
Which is why I've been missing it lately.  And why I'm really excited to be doing some recording with a local musician the Hermit, aka Hamish Thomson.  After a studio visit and a listen (great ambient music btw), I was curiously asking about all the amazing instruments Hamish has at his disposal.  I loved his response to 'Where did you find this?'- "It found me."!  Anyways, stay tuned... I'll be sure to let you know when this album comes out and we'll see if you can pick out my violin in one of the songs by that time:)
Incidentally Hamish is the drummer for Ten Suns and Big Tall Garden, both bands are great to see live!

1 comment:

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

A melodica and a rhodes!? I love those instruments. My roommates/bandmates and I used to have access to those instruments and more (a moog, an 8 track recorder, etc...) at the house of some friends of ours. It was so much fun making music with them. Hope you share with us any new music you end up making!