Monday, January 17, 2011

A collection of violin parts




Every now and then I open something that I haven't opened in a while, finding something that I a) forgot was there, b) forgot I had or c) didn't know I had.  This is what happened to me the other day when I was trying to decide which violin (I have 2; one from my grandpa and one from Dean's) to bring over to Hamish's studio for the recording session we did.  I discovered these little treasures, like the little red striped box that some old rosin and the blue box containing the tuner, that I didn't know I had. The violin from my grandfather came with the inlaid tailpiece that unfortunately broke along the way, and an old bridge.  It's kind of a lovely little collection and when I put it all together it reminded me of Lisa Congdon's A Collection a Day, 2010 blog which is now a book project with Uppercase.  I think I might just have to add that book to a growing wish-list for the new year.

No comments: