Thursday, June 28, 2012

Flower power

The weather has been really off and on, wet and cold, sunny but not too warm over the past couple of weeks.  I'm not holding my breath that July will be any warmer- last year it rained most of July and then got nice in August and September.  Needless to say, there are days when we just have to get out and sneak in an outing before the next shower hits.  The Park & Tilford Gardens is a public garden down the road from where we live- it's free to visit and on Father's Day we took my dad and Dean out for dinner and then went for a run around the garden with the boys.  I took some photos of some of the familiar and less familiar flowers- there are so many to see in spring!

Today is the last hour of school for the boys! I'm getting geared up for a pretty low-key summer (compared to last summer where I was having to make 450 vases for Anthropologie) with only the studio move and a few orders to concern myself with.  It will leave me lots of time to hang out with the boys.  We have a few camping trips planned in the Bowler, the boys have a couple of weeks of camp (with their first overnight camp!) and we'll be heading to the Island and to Vernon again.  I love the close-to-home kind of summers where the kids can relax and enjoy our life here in Vancouver. 

What are your summer plans? 

No comments: