Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Room6: special delivery for nice people

One of the first shows I did when I was thinking about launching my new ceramic work, before it was officially 'dahlhaus', was at Room6.  It all started out back in 2006 with 'the red dot collection', a series of work inspired by a circular shape in my paintings that stood in for a connecting point between people.  For me, the series was all about connecting around the table as you passed around a bowl or a platter, and while the work was in it's really beginning stage of development, and I had only just gotten into my own studio, Megan at Room6 was generous enough to host the exhibition at her shop.

Room6 has been showcasing independent design from all over the world since 2005.  It's an ever-rotating mix of lovely products that make really great gifts for that special person in your life (oh, and you are special too!).  As you can see, I'm dropping off a whole crate of colour-wheel bottle vases that you can purchase through the Room6 website  or in person at the shop in Deep Cove!  I can't wait to see the display idea Megan has for them- I'm sure it will be amazing!

2 comments:

Room6 said...

Thank you so much for dropping off your amazing wares today....your post totally brought me back to that lovely evening in the cove, you've come so far & I'm gushing with pride :) xo, Megan

ang design said...

that's so cool congrats! hope everyone loves them...