Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekend Project and a Happy Valentines Day!



Hello there! I hope you had a great weekend!  We had a few birthday parties to go to this weekend so during the days we kept things at home pretty low key.  Between making all the Valentine cards (we all pitched in) for the boy's class, baking bread, and doing the laundry, I actually managed to finish a quilt I had been making for Sasha when I was pregnant with him.  Yup, that's right.  7 years later it finally got done.   It really was a combination of not having the right sewing machine and the quilt being at my folks' place all this time because I had thought I might be able to use my mom's machine.  So years later it all finally got done.  It's quite a cheerful little quilt- of course I didn't know at the time if I was having a boy or a girl so I thought I'd go with primary colour prints.  Of course it's the size of a crib.   But no matter- Sasha thought it was quite cozy and it seems to suit his cheerful personality! 


I hope you have a great day- whether it's just a regular Monday for you or whether you are taking time to do something special with your loved one (s).  We keep things pretty low-key over here at our place, but I think some chocolate cupcakes for desert will be in order! 

No comments: