Thursday, December 15, 2011

Downtown in December






I thought I'd share a few photos from the Santa Claus Parade that I took the boys to a couple of weeks ago.  I had never actually been to this parade, and the boys, besides feeling quite cold by the end of it, seemed to enjoy the variety of floats that went past.  It seems that parades these days are just advertising for various community groups, businesses, or kids programs and this one was no exception, but I guess masked in the spirit of Christmas it was still pretty fun to watch.

It's interesting to think about how we pass on traditions to our kids.  On the one hand I want to take time out of our everyday life to do special things with my boys that get them excited about this season.  The other part of me wants to slow things down, keep things simple and retain the core of what a season is all about.  Joy, peace and love.  Goodwill towards all.  The story of a baby bringing hope.  The giving of gifts to those we cherish.  And extending a hand to those who most need it.

No comments: