Monday, March 1, 2010

Wild Ride

The wild ride of the Olympics is now over.  It's been years in planning and anticipation, and while it has been fun and exciting, I'm kind of glad it's over.  I know we have the Paralympics yet to come but we are nearing the return of our city back to 'normal'.
Today I'm working on my tax stuff.  I'm not much for accounting and book-keeping and it's a little disturbing to add up the monthly expenses at the end of the year and realize how much certain things have been costing.  I keep wondering how to improve on my 'profit' rate so I can pay myself regularly.  I have theories about attempting to cut some of my expenses down, possibly raise some of my prices, limit my wholesale and only doing shows that have trusted track records for good sales.  All in all I am realizing that I have to produce a lot more work in the meantime and again have been looking at ways that could be possible.   Business advice would come in handy about now...

No comments: