Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Victoria Day and a local etsy find (and SALE)!


Well, it's Victoria Day Weekend out here and bliss in a teacup are celebrating with a little sale in honour of Queen Victoria's Birthday! I think what most caught my eye about this Vancouver etsy shop is the contemporary and sweet use of these hoop frames! My memory reserves these hoops for cross-stitching lessons at girls club that felt painfully slow for me- but I love their fresh take! They also have hoop frames with fabric as little inspiration boards - so clever! 'bliss in a teacup' are Richard and Rebekah Brittain, a half kiwi/half Canadian couple living in Vancouver. Their list of interests and hobbies reflect incredible talent and I've already marked them as one of my favourites on etsy, just so I can see what they come up with down the road! Their blog is also worth a visit with lovely photos and beautiful staging of their work!
P.S. I just checked out their blog today and they are celebrating their 1 year anniversary! How lovely and congratulations!

1 comment:

becka said...

Thank you so much for your lovely words!

Becka & Richard