Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!



The boys and I spent the evening decorating Valentine cards for the kids in their classes yesterday.  I had made some simple heart stamps, but, as boys will be boys, the hearts were vetoed.  Oh well.  Dean printed off a bunch of photos of our kitty that say: 'I think your 'purrfect'- happy valentines day'. Our kitty 'Amber' turns 3 today- imagine a whole litter of kittens being born on Valentines Day!  Purrfect indeed!
I hope your day is full of warm wishes from friends and loved ones.  I always seem to think of the passage in 1 Corinthians on Valentines day.  It's so counter-culture to think of love this way, but considering my grandparents were happily married for 65 years by putting this verse into practice, it seems to have stood the test of time. 

 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 

No comments: