Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Inspiring dahlhaus: Art Nouveau Designs




all images found on the NYPL Digital Gallery, using the key-word Design
It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of anything that came out of the Art Nouveau era.  I love the pattern, the boldness of the prints and the combination of colours that I see in the wallpapers or textiles that came out of this period.  As I recently browsed through the NYPL's Digital Gallery, I was again inspired by 2 designers who's work I hadn't seen before.
I'm loving the designs by Henri Gillet, a pattern designer who lived from the late 1800's-1920.  There's not much information out there in internetland about him.  I can't quite get over the windmill pattern- how lovely is that!?!
The last image has textile designs by Eugene Alain Seguy, an art-nouveau designer from the early 20's.  I've always loved the colour-scheme of the art-nouveau designers- all those mid-range colours together with hits of lime or peach with grey. 

No comments: