Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Island get-a-way: Adventure Walk

Below my sister's place is a salmon spawning stream/river that is perfect for taking little boys on an nature walk.  We came to this cave-like tunnel at far end of the stream, which keeps the water flowing  through while holding train tracks above it.  The boys and I ventured through the dark tunnel, finding an almost magical waterhole on the other side.  If I had had my video camera with me you would have heard me 'yelling' at the boys to be careful along the wall and sides- not to slip into the water because it was so deep.  They are OK swimmers but it would have required me jumping in after them, camera and all if they had slipped in.  No worries- all went well and they have an adventure story to add to their summer holiday journal.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful. It makes me think of summers at my grandmother's farm and at the pond nearby.

dearjoeloverosie said...

oh my word these photos are so wonderful! that stream and tunnel look like they are straight out of a story book!

dahlhaus said...

Yes it felt as though we had walked through the 'wardrobe' and landed in Narnia or something:)

Anonymous said...

These ARE really beautiful photos!! I can see what you mean about the water being deep, it looks like Sasha has to scale the wall not to fall in.