Sunday, January 11, 2009

working smarter, not harder..



My head is often swimming with ideas of what I need to do, what I want to do, what I could do, and how I'm going to do it. My mental list is way longer than I can feasibly keep track of especially at the beginning of the year when I am supposed to be wrapping up my year end from this past year and planning for the next year. So what is a girl to do? Procrastinate. Yup. That's what last week was all about. This week, I have got to start moving again. This is more of a pep to myself than anything, I have to admit.
I have a lot of great shows in the works for this next year: I've booked myself into 2 local Portobello West weekends here in Vancouver: The March opener, and then I'll be back there in December for the Holiday weekend. I'm also going to be in Calgary with Portobello West on the Mother's Day weekend- I'm really looking forward to this one! I'm in a group show for Paintings at the Chapel Arts in March, I have a solo show at the BC Gallery of Ceramics coming up in July, I'm undecided about a show possibility in October, then there's the Crawl in November, and Portobello in December. I'm looking at a really busy year without even considering my retail and gallery work that needs to get out regularily. So, yeah, working smarter not harder might need to be my motto for this coming year. Otherwise I'm going to be 'dabbling' in the land of burn-out!
I've also got a few new things I'm looking forward to making this year. If you know my work and have been following it at all you will know that I like to keep moving, changing, and adding new work to my collections. I'll certainly keep going on some of the favourite designs, but will have a few new things up my sleeve for this year that I'll keep you all posted on!

No comments: