Monday, April 23, 2012

Bonding

We all got to meet my new nephew this past weekend and it was pretty special, especially, for Johnny.  Johnny is a month shy of 10 and most days he is like most typical 9-10 year olds; self-focused, always hungry, has heaps of energy, and annoyingly teases his younger brother until someone ends up crying. 

But get him to hold his new baby cousin, or to read a book to Oliver, who is 2, and I get a glimpse of a soft-hearted guy who is going to grow up to be amazing with kids someday.  I was really proud of him this weekend, for taking lots of time to snuggle and bond with Jacob, who is a month old now.  Feels like only yesterday I was flying to his birth.  Mind you, it doesn't feel that long ago that I held Johnny in my arms like this.  Crazy how fast time flies with kids around!

No comments: