Thursday, December 22, 2011

That winter feeling





We finally made it up to Mt. Seymour to pick up the season's passes for my boys this year, and while there wasn't as much snow as the last time I was up there, it was wonderful to enjoy the wintery feeling, despite the warmish weather here in Vancouver.  We ended up hiking on the snow-shoe trails part of the way to the look-out (last time Sasha and I did the 2.5 km that it took to get there) and noticed that dogs are now allowed on the trail as well.  Not that we have a dog, but there were some beautiful dogs clearly enjoying the snow as much as my boys.  Also new at Seymour- the magic carpet to take kids just learning to ski or snow-board up the bunny hill.  Sure beats the tow-rope! And someone parked their vintage snowshoes on the trail- the kind I'd be hanging up in my home if I had a pair! (The owner's bags were close by so I didn't quite feel like I could mess with these to stand both shoes up-right for the photo... does anyone know what the smaller one on the ground would be for?  It was on it's own...)
Only a few more days until Christmas!  I'll be taking some time off of blogging to really enjoy things around here, but I just thought I'd pass along a very Merry Christmas from my family to yours.  Thank you all for stopping by my blog, leaving comments and being interested in what I do and make.

No comments: