Monday, November 14, 2011

Bookhou at Circle Craft


I managed to sneak in a quick visit with Arounna from Bookhou at Circle Craft this last Saturday.   It was great to see a table full of her beautiful hand-screened linens as bags and tea towels!  I'm thrilled to be working on a show involving myself and Krystal Speck later in Spring of 2012 at Bookhou so it was good to briefly talk about the collaboration with Arounna before it all gets started in the new year. 

Arounna and her husband John have a really unique creative partnership that never ceases to amaze me- they work seemingly effortlessly between art and then the more production side of their craft, successfully running a brick & mortar shop with rotating shows and workshops, keeping a busy online store, a blog, an online magazine not to mention their 2 young children!  I try to convince myself that if I owned a store front building in the city with a studio at the back and our home upstairs that I'd be able to get as much done as Arounna and John do, but I'm not sure I could keep up if I tried.

2 comments:

arounna said...

so great to see you heather
thanks again for the vase
can't wait to see what you and krystal come up with.
xx

Kiki said...

I spent yesterday at the Culture Crawl...and missed your display. It looks great! Love to see artists successfully following their passions. I hope the Crawl was a successful event for you!