Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday fieldtrip: Point Roberts, Washington




I had the chance to go over the boarder into Point Roberts yesterday (to do some shipping- this postal strike here in Canada is just killing me!!), and took a little extra time to sneak down to Lighthouse Park.  Point Roberts is a bit of an anomaly- essentially it is a peninsula attached to Canada only and is American by virtue of it's co-ordinates being just south of the 49th Parallel.  To get into the rest of the US, you must drive through Canada's boarders and then around, so it is quite isolated in a way.  And quiet.  I'm sure that it gets busier in the summer or on holidays, but it felt like such a sleepy and peaceful place.

I hope you have a great weekend!  I'm in the final stages of getting my work together for Renegade while attempting to transform the studio to work like a little factory for the summer!

No comments: