Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Before and nearly after...



Ok, I'm not gonna lie.  When I got into the space last week without the previous tenants, I thought to myself- what have I done?  Did I make a huge mistake taking this studio on??? Because, let me tell you, it was pretty grim.  And grimy and gross.  It's been a silver jewelry studio for the past 7-9 years with multiple jewelers and layers of rouge (a polishing compound that gives the cement floor that reddish tone) that hadn't been cleaned up...ever.   The colours made the studio feel dark and dismal even though this studio has tons of natural light. 
Anyways, here is a sneek peak after 1 week (!!) of work- painted top to bottom, left to right, some drywall fixing up, the new floor/baseboards and the door getting painted.  Unbelievable!   A big thank you to my brother-in law and Dean for the painting, Morley and Colin for the floor and baseboards- couldn't have done it without these guys' help.   So this week it's a bit more painting, along with moving in with the big reveal over the next couple of weeks.  Gonna be a great new space for me to call home for a while...

2 comments:

m.a.tateishi said...

I covet your floor...maybe I'll talk to Morley too!

Chloe Lees said...

Oh wow, it looks great! Love the door colour.